It is at least as important as the security of your computer to prevent external access to your modem security, which allows you to surf the Internet, and to prevent outside interventions.
If we list the steps you will follow for this;
- First of all, define your modem’s administrator password as a combination of letters and numbers, and if possible with special characters. Cracking passwords consisting of only letters or numbers takes less than 1 minute with current password cracking programs.
- To prevent external access to your modem security, enable the Firewall option, if available in your modem settings .
- Make sure to disable the DHCP feature on your modem . This will prevent your modem from automatically assigning IPs to logged in users.
- If you are the only one connecting with your modem, make sure to use the MAC Address Filtering feature. With this feature, you will be preventing the access of any device other than your computer, tablet and phone.
- Keep your modem’s firmware up to date. Updates generally close many software vulnerabilities.
Performing these actions will prevent malicious users from accessing your modem and will allow you to use your internet more securely.